Persian Cotton Candy (or Fairy Floss) also known as "Pashmak" would make an exotic gourmet favour for guests at your wedding or party. Compliment your cotton candy with custom paper envelops from Eat Drink Chic.
Available in various soft hues and flavours including Rose, Pistachio, and Vanilla, Pashmak resembles soft wisps of hair and looks really fab inside these transluscent paper envelopes. Read more for instructions and to download your free envelope template and assorted coloured labels.
What you will need:
- Pashmak - try Vanilla (aqua label), Rose (pink label) and Pistachio (green label) flavours from Pariya. You can opt to use only one flavour with different coloured labels or even the same coloured label throughout - whatever suits the style of your wedding/party. Pashmak is not cheap, however you only need to give a small amount per guest.
- Transluscent Paper with white polka dots for the envelopes.
- White printable sticker paper or white card for labels.
- Double sided tape or glue.
- Scalpel and Scissors.
- Colour Printer.
- Rounded corner punch - for envelopes.
- Small clear plastic sealable bags - these will need to fit inside the transluscent bag.
- Label design in assorted colours.
- Envelope template.
The labels and an envelope template can be downloaded from the Eat Drink Chic website.
- Print out your envelope design onto transluscent, white polka dot paper and using the scalpel, cut out, score along fold lines (indicated by dotted lines) and construct your envelope. Use double sided tape on the side tabs to stick the envelope together. Use the rounded corner punch on the corners of the lid.
- Put your Pashmak into a sealable bag and make sure it is sealed thoroughly. Slip this bag into your transluscent envelope.
- Print our your labels and cut out with scalpel. For the rounded semi-circle edge, cutting carefully and slowly with a scissors produces quite an accurate cut and you don't need anything more sophisticated than that.
- If you are using white card, put a strip of double sided tape along the length of the back of your label and stick onto the front of the bag.
Because of the nature of Pashmak, it should be stored in a dark, cool place in an airtight container. Because of this it is probably best to package your favours at the very last possible moment before your wedding or party, (perhaps the day before) and it is crucial that you store it inside a sealable bag first before you put it into your transluscent envelope. To be on the safe side, actually experiment before the event and test to see whether leaving the Pashmak in your sealable bag will preserve it adequately overnight.
Visit Eat Drink Chic.